Water colours of commercial craft, by Peter Foston
The following are approx 19 x 15 ins, framed
- Top s'l Schooner Rhoda Mary - wintering on the Swale
- Top s'l Schooner Rhoda Mary - Thames Estuary
- Top s'l Schooner Mary Barrow - Departs Torbay
- Thames barge Nautilus - Beached for ballast
- Top s'l Schooner Rhoda Mary - in Mevagissey
- Top s'l Schooner Mary Barrow - Reaching down Channel
- Top s'l Schooner Alert - Becalmed
- Brixham Trawler Provident - in Start bay
- Top s'l Schooner George Balfour - Making her Number
- Top s'l Schooner Result - Entering Plymouth Sound
- Brixham Beam Trawler Jannie Marie - Home with the catch
- Brixham Beam Trawler Jannie Marie - Trawling
- Sailing Trawlers - Towed to sea
- Trading Ketch Clara May - Entering Plymouth
- Top s'l Schooner Mary Barrow - Passing Plymouth at Sunset
- Top s'l Schooner George Balfour - Departs Plymouth
- Top s'l Schooner Rhoda Mary - Running up Channel in a gale
- Sailing Trawler Mannequin - Recovers her trawl
The following are approx 26 x 22 ins, framed
- Top s'l Schooner Rhoda Mary - becalmed among fishing craft
- Tamar Barge Shamrock - Reaching up to Kingsbridge
Further examples of Peter's work can be seen in this advertisement (opens in a new window).
Please note that watercolours do not photo and copy well as the camera sees
through the paint differently to the human eye.
The result being one loses much of the finer nuances and the picture seems a bit gaudy.
If you do consider having one do come down and see them "In the Flesh".
No hard feelings if you decide No!
All proceeds go to the Royal National Lifeboat Institution
For further information please contact:
Tel. 01803 813324